All employees are entitled to 5 days unpaid family and domestic violence leave each year.
What is family and domestic violence? Family and domestic violence means violent, threatening or other abusive behaviour by an employee’s close relative that:
- seeks to coerce or control the employee
- causes them harm or fear.
A close relative is:
- an employee's:
- spouse or former spouse
- de facto partner or former de facto partner
- an employee's current or former spouse or de facto partner's child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling, or
- a person related to the employee according to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander kinship rules.
Contact Mend Services 1300 176 774 (24/7) regarding our EAP (Employee Assistance Program) which assists employees and their employers to manage their well-being. This is a confidential, work-based, early intervention support service.