WorkSafe's inspectors will be checking:
- Licences to perform high risk work
- Service records
- Crane set up - fully extended and pinned outriggers, bog mats or timbers in place, geo tech report / engineers sign off (if required)
- Exclusion zones (around the crane and under the load path to destination)
- If the crane is operating near overhead / underground assets; has it been controlled?
- For any obvious defects
- Operational warning devices
- Where the crane is set up adjacent to a road / rail; is traffic management in place
- Load charts and manual
- Appropriate lifting gear being used and within load capacity
- Lifting gear inspections
During visits, inspectors will use an on-site checklist based on the points listed above.